<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/13274434?origin\x3dhttp://ssweetsmiless.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Moved.

Monday, December 08, 2008
WOOOOHOOOO IM FINALLY REOPENING MY BLOG AGAINNNNNN!
Didnt want to reopen my blog initially, but welllllz, after blog-hopping, i realize I MISS BLOGGING! WHOAAA. Haha. Wanted to change url lah because ssweetsmiless is like super gay, dunno wthell was I thinking when I created this blog(in sec1?). Hahaha. But anyway I was too lazy to think of a new url so nvm. At least its better than sweetslice right HAHA(I think only Debra and vc understands).

CAME BACK FROM MOTORCYCLE LAND (A.K.A VIETNAM) A WEEK AGO!

Haha gayness.

Omg thr were super alot of motorcycles in Vietnam. When you step onto the streets, you'll be flooded by like a whole sea of motorcycles lah. UBER COOL:D Almost everyone owned a motorcycle I think, and one motorcycle costs only S$60! Haha oh and one motorcycle can actually squeeze 4 people(a whole family!). Totally amazingzzz. But it was kinda scary too because the motorcycles never ever give way to you, and you seriously have to force your way through in order to cross the road :S

Haha I have no idea why most of them wear masks when riding motorcycles. Maybe to look cool B-)

Motorcycle street:D

The food was relatively good. Or at least, what the tour agency provided for us was not bad. The Vietnamese spring rolls were ultra nice(crispy!), the Vietnamese sticky cake was sweeeeeet and chewy, and I cant rly rmbr what else they served:s Oh but they had prawns(THAT WERE FRESH FAT AND JUICY) for every meal:DD

Howeverrrr, what the Vietnamese people ate on the streets looked kinda, erm, funny. As in not the ha-ha funny but the weird funny. Lol. They ate like all sorts of intestines:x I think the most palatable food they sold on their streets was actually baguette with kebab, but they gave 'free pepper' with it, so we didnt rly dare to try:s (Pepper means dirt on the ground, haha). And customers which bought food sat on these extremely tiny stools and tables that were probably meant for toddlers. Lol.

The first place that we ate at, PHO 2000 (PHO means noodle, and Bill Clinton went thr to makan in 2000, thats why the shop's called PHO 2000, lollllz)

Haha looks like porridge eh, but its actually fish o.O

Their spring rolls are damnnnn good(Y)

Their roadside stalls selling colourful glutinous rice (orange, green, yellow, black, but got no purpleD:) Haha.

According to the internet, Vietnam's Ben Thanh market supposedly has 3000+ shops, but apparently it didnt look like they had that many when we went thr): And most of the shops sold about the same stuff D: And the streets were like extremeeeely dirty and wet and stuff. Got a shock when I first went thr, because its like 100times more backward than Singapore. But ohwell its a different experience afterall I guess. Oh but one thing good about Ben Thanh market is that their manicure is superduper cheap, like S$3 onlyyyyy!:D

AND OUR HOTEL, (Y)(Y)(Y)! Haha its called LAVENDER HOTEL, so obviously it means quite a few of the hotel stuffz were PURPLE IN COLOUR!:D The sofas, the cushions, the shampoo and soap bottles, etc were all my favourite purple woohoo! Very pretty:D And they served really satisfying breakfasts, with quite a lot of varieties like fried rice, beef, sausages, cold cut ham, cereal, yoghurt(love it:D) etc. And i think their service was pretty good too, cos they sent us chocolates everyday!:D Hehe. Though it was only a 3-star hotel, it was super cosy and (Y).

MY HOTEL ROOM:D



HAHA PURPLE ALL THE WAY:D

Eh the main point in this pic is not my sister, BUT THE PURPLE CUSHION:D HAHA.

We visited quite a few cool places like the Cu Chi tunnel(underground tunnel), and the Mekong River. The children living in the Mekong River villages are rly cute:D

Two Vietnamese girls;D

Three steps to enter the tunnel LOL

Overall the trip was pretty enjoyable (except their dirty streets and roadside stalls:x). Oh and they have super alot of beggars thr, and the thing is, when you donate to one beggar, another 10 will come running towards you. Quite scary:s But well, their food and shopping(can bargain like siao:D) was great, and its a rly different feeling from Singapore or Paris or London etc!



I HEARTX VIETNAM!(L)

Fionna: Eh Vietnam reminds me of dao xiang!
Grace: Go thr plant rice and bring rice back for me!
HAHA I THINK THE MISCONCEPTION OF VIETNAM AS A PADI FIELD MUST BE CHANGED!

P.S. PROM PICS AND ASIA CONFERENCE PICS ANOTHER TIME!

P.P.S I'LL TRY MY VERY BEST TO UPDATE REGULARLY FROM NOW ON! ><